Pendle View Fisheries
Latitude: 53.83976 | Longitude: -2.39191
Views: 2855 | Photos: 7 | Tips: 2 | Comments: 0 | Reviews: 3
Pendle View Fisheries
BB7 9DH BB7 9DH
01254 822 208
Fishery with two lakes noted for Carp, Bream and Roach fishing.
The Main Lake
The main lake is fed by streams which come down from the nearby hills and ranges in depth from the shallows to near 14 feet at the centre of the main body of the lake. There are many minor inlets from the surrounding hills and three main inlets, all of which become highly oxygenated and bountiful during the rain.
The lake is home to some of the largest Carp, Bream and Roach to be found north of Birmingham.
The lake is very well stocked with a large number of Carp - many in double figure weights, with the biggest weighing 43lb 1oz last time it was caught. We have introduced a further 200 carp into the main lake since our take over of the fisheries with weights ranging from 12lb - 23lb.
Pleasure / Match Lake
( Silvers & Carp upto 12lb)
We have restocked this water with over 3,500 more fish since our take over and we are now reporting bag weights of 80lb+. This 32 peg lake is now becoming a firm favourite with our pleasure anglers. It is well stocked with Roach (which have been showing upto 2lbs) and Rudd, Perch to 4lbs, and Carp up to 12lb in weight, along with Tench upto 7lbs. In essence, it is a ‘Square’ shaped lake and the fish tend to hug the 6' deep central trenches or the reeds by the banks. The margins vary from 2' to 4'. The fish also tend to go where the wind blows the abundant natural food. Overnight fishing is also allowed on this lake provided there are no angling matches booked. This lake is ideal for Angling Club Matches.
AMENITIES AT PENDLE VIEW FISHERIES
- 8.3 ACRE SPECIMEN LAKE WITH DAY AND NIGHT FISHING
- 2 ACRE PLEASURE/LAKE
- 1 ACRE PLUS TROUT LAKE
- BAIT AND TACKLE SHOP (OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK)
- CAFE SERVING HOT AND COLD FOOD (7AM TILL DUSK)
- DELICIOUS FOOD DELIVERED TO YOUR PEG AT NO EXTRA COST
- CREDIT CARD FACILITIES
- NEWLY BUILT PEGS AROUND SITE
- PARKING ADJACENT TO MOST PEGS
- HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION (RIGHT ON THE BANKS)
- LOO, SHOWER AND DISABLED FACILITIES
- FLY FISHING EQUIPMENT HIRE
- FISHING LESSONS (FLY AND COARSE)
- FRESH TROUT SALES TO THE PUBLIC
- OPEN 364 DAYS A YEAR, FROM 7AM