Wood Lane Fishery
Latitude: 52.89028 | Longitude: -2.857669
Views: 4514 | Photos: 0 | Tips: 0 | Comments: 0 | Reviews: 1
SY12 0HY SY12 0HY
Three pools noted for Carp, Roach, Perch and Tench fishing.
Season tickets are available from the Quarry office.
- Barbless Hooks - Barbed hooks must not be used at Wood Lane.
- Surface Fishing and Swans - Floating baits attract birds. Do not leave floating baits unattended. Reel in hooks as and when birds enter your swim.
- Attendance - No baited hook should be left in the water unattended - even the most sophisticated bite alarms cant stop birds eating the bait.
- Discarded Tackle & Litter - Discarded bait attracts birds and rats! Birds get entangled in discarded line - use the litter bins provided.
- Birds in the Swim - Parent birds get protective and will confront a threat - Don’t try to shoo the chicks away - let them paddle off the swim.
- Dip the rod end under the water when float fishing and sink the line - this will allow birds to swim over and not get caught.
- Fisherman who fail to fish in accordance with good sporting practice will be barred from Wood Lane.
- No Alcohol or Barbeques are allowed on site.
Night fishing is now allowed, see details below:
- Permit holders - £10 per night
- Non-permit holders - £20 per night
- Maximum 8 people per night
- Available from Monday - Thursday by pre-booking