Rosslynlee Trout Fishery
Latitude: 55.82346 | Longitude: -3.161488
Views: 857 | Photos: 0 | Tips: 0 | Comments: 0 | Reviews: 2
EH26 8QF EH26 8QF
Rosslynlee fishery is situated in pleasant countryside close to the Moorfoot hills with fine views over Edinburgh, the Firth of Forth and Fife to the north, with the Moorfoot hills to the east.
The loch is 5.25 acres and is stocked regularly with top quality Rainbow and Blue trout from 2lbs to double figures. There is also a good head of quality brown trout present. Fishing is by fly only and the loch has a good reputation as a good "top of the water" fishery. There are numerous well constructed casting platforms and there are two boats available.
A fine fishing lodge with toilets and a disabled persons access provides a selection of snacks and hot or cold drinks. There is a seating area with wood burning stove where you are welcome to eat your own food and join in the friendly conversation with other anglers or staff.
In order to avoid overcrowding and provide the angler with his or her own space, we rigidly restrict the numbers and it is often advisable to book a short time in advance in order to avoid disappointment especially at weekends and holiday times.
- Barbless or de-barbed hooks only
- Minimum breaking strain nylon 6lbs
- Maximum of two flys on cast
- Fish must not be removed from the water
- No boobies
- Avoid netting, try using a catch & release tool or artery forceps
- If you accidentally damage a fish, do not return it to the water. Remove it and return it to the lodge