Roman Lakes Fishery
Latitude: 53.38812 | Longitude: -2.047709
Views: 2453 | Photos: 2 | Tips: 1 | Comments: 0 | Reviews: 3
SK6 7HB SK6 7HB
0161 427 2039
Easily accessible from Cheshire and Greater Manchester, our waters extend to some 10 acres and are made up of a large lake with wooded islands and extensive canal type backwaters all in a wooded valley setting. The layout gives a quiet and idyllic place to fish with facilities such as a car park, cafe, tackle and bait shop and toilets.
Permits are issued subject to the following conditions:
Fishing permits must be obtained at the Lakeside Cafe before setting up.
Only one rod to be set up per permit; rods not in use must be dismantled.
Permits obtained on the bank side will attract a charge of £10 per rod.
Anglers must have regard for the well-being of the fish stocks as their highest priority.
- No keep nets, or fish retaining methods allowed (except matches run by the fishery staff).
- Barbless hooks only.
- No fishing during the hours of darkness.
- All fish to be returned to the section of water where they were caught.
- Carp anglers must use unhooking mats at all times.
- The hook line must be left free from all weights in the event of any line being severed.
- Landing nets compliant with current Environment Agency byelaws to be used at all times - minimum size 36".
- Pike fishing - no live baits (sea dead baits only).
- No fishing on the lane side of the lake. No wading.
- Electric bait transporters allowed at the discretion of the management - at anglers own risk and they must not interfere with other persons interests.
We reserve the right to withdraw any permits for the benefit of all and happy fishing.